Looking for an extremely easy to setup and clean up fine motor Halloween activity? Try Spider Rescue using spider cobwebbing!
Below discover how to set up this activity with tips for adjusting the activity to suit a young toddler or older preschoolers needs.
Watch My Best Halloween Activities for Preschoolers + Toddlers 2022:
How To Do Spider Web Rescue:
Spider web rescue is a great fine motor activity that can be adapted for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. It works concentration, imagination, and you get a little sensory learning in there too!
Step 1: Fray you cob webbing
Start by fraying your cob webbing.
For babies you may want to use only a little bit to create a stretched out thin layer.
For older toddlers or preschoolers, you may want to make it a crumpled ball for an added challenge in strengthening the fingers.
Step 2: Set it up
Place your frayed cob webbing into a container.
For babies or young toddlers, you may want to use a cookie sheet or a laundry basket for a thin, tight layer that's easier to dig the spiders out of.
For older toddlers and preschoolers, you can give a deeper bucket where they have to find the spiders and really dig in there.
Step 3: Personalize
Depending on your child's interest and skill level you can personalize this activity. Additionally, you can do the activity as described above one day, then try some of these variations:
- Challenge them with toddler tweezers to pick out the spiders. Start this variation with a thin layer of webbing, then progress to thicker layers as your child builds confidence.
- Add their favorite themed toys which need rescuing before the spider eats them! This adds a personal interest and builds their imaginative play.
This activity was really easy to set up and clean up. You can quickly reset it up multiple times throughout the month of October with little tweaks to make it a unique experience each time!
You can encourage independent play with this activity, or you can play alongside them (especially if they are younger) and use this time to work on language for “in and out” “pull” “stuck” and more.
Don't forget to grab the Halloween activity sheet bundle for even more quick activities! Use code HBLOG22 for 10% off when you click here!
Halloween Activities For Toddlers
- Halloween Activities For Toddlers: Sensory Learning
- 21 Free Printable Halloween Color Pages + Activities For Kids
- Apple Stamped Pumpkin Craft For Young Children
- Wormy Witches' Brew
- Spatula Pumpkin Craft!
- Feelings Pumpkins Halloween Activity
- Spooky Eyes Halloween Craft
- How Do You Make A Witch Hat Out Of Paper?
- How To Set Up A FAST Halloween Sensory Paint Activity For Toddler
- Halloween Matching Game – Free Printable for Toddlers + Preschool Kids
- Masking Tape Mummy Craft
- Spider Halloween Playdough Kit Idea
- Halloween Oobleck Recipe: Witches Brew
- Montessori Glue Box Halloween Craft: Making Monsters
- Halloween Activity For Toddlers Learning Colors: Feed The Monsters!
- Halloween Counting Activity: A Ghostly Matching Game!
- Room On The Broom Activity For Preschool Kids: Gross Motor + Printable PDF
- Witch’s Brew: Potion Station | Halloween Sensory Play Activity For Toddlers + Kids
- Witches Brew Halloween Soap Foam Sensory Bin Activity
- Pumpkin Patch Number + Letter Activity For Preschool Kids
- Montessori Pumpkin Activity: Smashing Pumpkins!
- It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown Halloween Activity For Toddlers + Preschoolers: Fine Motor Skills!
- Halloween STEM Activity: Fizzy Potion
- Cobweb Spider Rescue
More Halloween Toddler Ideas:
- 100 Halloween Books For Kids [For Babies, Young and Older Children!]
- The Ultimate List of Halloween Movies [100+ from Scary to Not-So-Scary!]
- The Ultimate List Of 59 Halloween TV Shows From Not-So-Scary To Scary [+ Where To Stream]
- BEST Dollar Tree Halloween DIYs To Try This Year
More Baby + Toddler Activities
- How To Make Oobleck
- How To Make Colored Pasta For Sensory Play | Easy Rainbow Spaghetti Recipe
- How To Make Foam | EASY SENSORY PLAY BUBBLE FOAM RECIPE
- How To Make Playdough
- 7 At Home Toddler Activities With Household Items You Already Own
- Developmental Activities For Newborns 0-3 Months Old
- 5 Ways To Use Grapes For Sensory Play With Toddlers: Taste Safe, Edible, Food Activities I Do With My 15 Month Old