Strained family dynamics are something a lot of us will experience at different periods in our life, to varying degrees or intensity. If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that I’ve had a difficult relationship with my mother and biological father. When Al and I sat down to hit record on episode 22: Rip It Life: Building Your Dream Career & Still Enjoy Life with Al Goldman a very different conversation unfolded naturally that I had to hit record on.
Al and I talk about our journey’s with our own mothers, from our upbringings, to abuse, to finding a spiritual path.
Subscribe to the Podcast on Itunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and Spotify
IN THIS CONVERSATION WE COVER:
- Our histories with strained family relationships and abuse
- Handling our mother’s on our wedding day
- Understanding narcissistic and borderline personalities and their impact
- Finding our own paths to healing
- Our hopes for our kids: Offering the kind of love we missed when we were kids
- Redefining structures, families and friendships as millennials
- How to forgive yourself for judging yourself
- Follow Al on Instagram: @alexgoldman
- Check out her podcast: Rip It Life Podcast
- If you enjoyed this podcast make sure to share it and tag me on Instagram @theconfusedmillennial so I can see!
- Subscribe, rate, and review the Podcast here.
27:10 | I have come to a place where now I can accept that although this stuff is really traumatizing, this is all part of our spiritual path and we are all doing the best that we can do. -Al GoldmanI have come to a place where now I can accept that although this stuff is really traumatizing, this is all part of our spiritual path and we are all doing the best that we can do.Click To Tweet
27:49 | Active listening is the best thing that you can have. People just want to be heard. -Al Goldman'Active listening is the best thing that you can have. People just want to be heard.' Click To Tweet
51:07 | If we redefine anything as millennials we can redefine structures and family and friends. -Al GoldmanIf we redefine anything as millennials we can redefine structures and family and friends. -Al GoldmanClick To Tweet