Looking for an easy Halloween craft that doubles for Halloween decorations?! Try Masking Tape Mummy!
This easy activity for preschoolers and older kids can easily be adapted to meet your child's skill level. You can DIY it completely or use one of the printables included in the Halloween Activity bundle below!
More Halloween Activities for Preschoolers + Toddlers 2022:
How To Craft A Masking Tape Mummy:
- Done for you Halloween Activity Sheet or construction paper
- Masking Tape
- Googly eyes (optional)
Done for you: Using the worksheet included in this Halloween activity bundle, you simply print out and it's ready to go. After your child decorates the mummy, you can have them cut it out to hang for Halloween decorations if you'd like!
DIY: Cut a body form (like a gingerbread man)
For younger toddlers: Pre tear strips of masking tape and line it on the table for them to peel up and stick on the mummy form.
For older preschoolers and kids: Have them tear their own strips of masking tape to place on the mummy.
Additionally you can have them cut out the mummy forms for an “extened the play” activity.
This Halloween craft for kids is SO easy and can double for custom homemade Halloween decorations which feels like a total win! Additionally, you can use these as name cards for a Halloween party too.
While this activity is SO simple, it actually works a slew of skills from finger strength, precision, concentration, and imaginative play. This can be a great add on activity for homeschoolers learning about mummies too!
This was my 3 year olds favorite craft so far and it's suitable for children ages 2 to 10 years old.
Halloween Activities For Toddlers
- Halloween Activities For Toddlers: Sensory Learning
- 21 Free Printable Halloween Color Pages + Activities For Kids
- Apple Stamped Pumpkin Craft For Young Children
- Halloween Fingerprint Art
- Wormy Witches' Brew
- Spatula Pumpkin Craft!
- Feelings Pumpkins Halloween Activity
- Spooky Eyes Halloween Craft
- How Do You Make A Witch Hat Out Of Paper?
- How To Set Up A FAST Halloween Sensory Paint Activity For Toddler
- Halloween Matching Game – Free Printable for Toddlers + Preschool Kids
- Masking Tape Mummy Craft
- Spider Halloween Playdough Kit Idea
- Halloween Oobleck Recipe: Witches Brew
- Montessori Glue Box Halloween Craft: Making Monsters
- Halloween Activity For Toddlers Learning Colors: Feed The Monsters!
- Halloween Counting Activity: A Ghostly Matching Game!
- Room On The Broom Activity For Preschool Kids: Gross Motor + Printable PDF
- Witch’s Brew: Potion Station | Halloween Sensory Play Activity For Toddlers + Kids
- Witches Brew Halloween Soap Foam Sensory Bin Activity
- Pumpkin Patch Number + Letter Activity For Preschool Kids
- Montessori Pumpkin Activity: Smashing Pumpkins!
- It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown Halloween Activity For Toddlers + Preschoolers: Fine Motor Skills!
- Halloween STEM Activity: Fizzy Potion
- Cobweb Spider Rescue
More Halloween Toddler Ideas:
- 100 Halloween Books For Babies to Pre-K
- The Ultimate List of Halloween Movies [100+ from Scary to Not-So-Scary!]
- The Ultimate List Of 59 Halloween TV Shows From Not-So-Scary To Scary [+ Where To Stream]
- BEST Dollar Tree Halloween DIYs To Try This Year
More Baby + Toddler Activities
- How To Make Oobleck
- How To Make Colored Pasta For Sensory Play | Easy Rainbow Spaghetti Recipe
- How To Make Foam | EASY SENSORY PLAY BUBBLE FOAM RECIPE
- How To Make Playdough
- 7 At Home Toddler Activities With Household Items You Already Own
- Developmental Activities For Newborns 0-3 Months Old
- 5 Ways To Use Grapes For Sensory Play With Toddlers: Taste Safe, Edible, Food Activities I Do With My 15 Month Old