This post contains affiliate links.
Woooo! A Way Back Wednesday!!! Throwing it back to almost 1 year ago (July 25th, 2016) to my vlog interview with Erica Ligenza! But in honor of Erica relaunching her fantastic e-course BossPitch, which I took and saw some amazing results from (more on that in this post, and how to get a FREE 1-1 with me!! A $275 value!), I wanted to re-share our interview which I think bloggers will get a ton of value and insight from!
Erica Ligenza, the blogger behind Coming Up Roses (CUR) is 23-year-old full-time influencer and marketing strategist from the Wharton School with a love for happy people, strong coffee, bold lipsticks and killer branding. She believes in living in your passions and currently works with brands as a content influencer, creates courses for aspiring bloggers and entrepreneurs, and builds brand strategies for savvy business owners. She nerds out over big words and cool documentaries, collecting coffee mugs with quotes, and helping people have branding breakthroughs.
You are going to fall in love with her during this week's episode! She has an awesome personality, and provides so much value!
During the interview we cover A LOT of ground (seriously, you won't want to miss this episode!):
– To niche or to not to niche. Do new bloggers really need to niche? If you caught my reflections from my first blogiversary, you know I am so not about niching down already!
– Tips for finding your brands voice and figuring out what fits for your blogs brand
– Effectively utilize internships to accelerate your career goals (and how she jumped from student intern to full time blogger)
– Making the shift from blogger to influencer, and what that looks like
– 2 Things Bloggers Do That Hurt Our Industry (and Income)
– The difference between working for free between bloggers and brands
– Why numbers don't mean anything to determine your influence
– How to pitch brands and bloggers you want to work with
Get A Free 1-1 Strategy Session With Me
Now if you caught this post on how to connect with brands for sponsored posts, then you already know I am a huge proponent of pitching them directly! Erica's course BossPitch was a huge game changer for my confidence and my income as a blogger.
– After the course, I upped my rates, and based on the difference alone of my new rates, I was able to pay for the course!
– In just a few months, I more than double my sponsored rates
– I signed my first 4 figure contract with a brand in less than 3 months of the course
– I closed 3 out of 5 furniture companies earning over $5,000 in gifted product.
This course is good. It's worth every single penny. By not investing in it now, you are leaving money on the table. It's an investment into your future. For every person that signs up through my affiliate link, you will get a FREE 1-1 with me! That's 60 minutes to talk about anything related to your blog/business! PLUS one piece of your writing workshopped! So that can either be a blog post, your about page, pitches, whatever! I'll go through it with a fine tooth comb and give you all my comments, thoughts, and suggestions!
If you have any questions about the course, don't hesitate to ask! Erica already told me, she doesn't know when it will re-launch, but she guarantees it the price is going up on the next launch!