Wondering if the Ergobaby bouncer is worth it? In this review, discover if the Evolve 3-in-1 is safe for newborns, worth it compared to competitors like the BabyBjorn Bouncer, how to set it up, and more.
But in short, yes! It's unique features, quality design, and warranty make it the best baby bouncer in our opinion!
DISCOUNT CODE: From 11/11-11/18/22 use code ‘LETSGROW' for $50 off here!
- WATCH Ergobaby Evolve Bouncer Review:
- Is the Ergobaby Evolve Bouncer worth it?
- What makes the Ergobaby bouncer different from others?
- Ergo baby Evolve 3 in 1 Bouncer Specs:
- Is the Ergobaby bouncer safe for newborns?
- How does the Ergobaby Evolve 3 in 1 Bouncer compared to the BabyBjorn Bouncer?
- How to set up the Ergobaby Evolve Bouncer:
- Evolve Bouncer Accessories:
- Negative review of the Ergobaby Bouncer:
- How do you clean the Evolve Bouncer?
- Ergobaby bouncer discount code:
- Final thoughts on the Ergobaby bouncer:
Is the Ergobaby Evolve Bouncer worth it?
Yes! Baby bouncers are one of the only “containers” I actually love for soothing babies. Ergobaby did a fantastic job creating an easy to use, safe, and unique design that beats out all the competitors on the market in my opinion.
We used our bouncer during the early months to take baby to the beach all the time for supervised naps. It really was one of the only items that soothed my baby with colic. Additionally, I've watched kids for nearly 20 years and a baby bouncer has always been one of the most tried and true baby products. The Ergobaby hbouncer has simply improved on a classic, proven design.
What makes the Ergobaby bouncer different from others?
Ergo Infant Insert
The Ergo newborn insert was developed with guidance from Dr. Robert Cho, M.D, a Pediatric Orthopedist. It's the only insert of it's kind that provides head to hip support for newborns from day one. The bottom focuses on creating a M-shaped hip position, and the upper has a specially crafted support to help prevent flat head syndrome.
Additionally, in chairs like this baby blowouts are inevitable. I LOVE that you an easily put a pillowcase over the insert for quick washes, versus taking off the entire thing. We typically always put a towel or something under baby before going in any sort of bouncer or chair to limit washes.
Easy Clip Buckles
Unlike major competitors, the Evolve Bouncer utilizes an easy-click buckle. These are SO much easier for parents to do one handed.
Additionally, the bucket are bluesign® approved. This is a certification that investigates the complete supply chain and production cycles, including environmental inputs and any waste creation/disposal.
Height Adjustable Foot Pedal
To adjust between the three height positions, there is a step pedal which is a game changer! Competitors require you to get on the ground basically and pinch/move this little hook. Now you can hold your baby, while click the easy step pedal to adjust the height.
Due to the nature of the easy step foot pedal, they added in a security lock once you achieve you’re desired height. Additionally, you’ll need to pull up a second lever while pushing the pedal to fold flat as an extra precaution.
I’ve never seen a bouncer with any sort of safety lock, and this has two!
ErgoPromise Lifetime Guarantee
The Ergobaby bouncer is covered by their lifetime guarantee.
Ergo baby Evolve 3 in 1 Bouncer Specs:
- Heights: lowest setting is 17″ heigh at an angle of 32 degrees, middle setting is 20″ height at an angle of 38.5 degrees, and the highest setting is 22″ at an angle of 45 degrees
- Collapsed bouncer dimensions: 33″ L x 16″ W x 5.7″ H
- Product weight: 8.4 lbs
- Materials: Ponte Knit Cotton Twill and breathable Mesh to
- Machine washable
- Battery free; encourages natural rocking/movement
- For use from 5 lbs 8 oz to 29 lbs
- Newborn insert suitable until 12 lbs
- Infant mode suitable up to 20 lbs or when baby sits upright (lowest setting)
- Toddler mode suitable up to 29 lbs
Is the Ergobaby bouncer safe for newborns?
Yes! The Evolve bouncer complies with all mandatory regulatory standards, including but not limited to: ASTM F2167/16 CFR 1229 and ASTM F2613/16 CFR 1232 in the US and EN 12790 in Europe when used according to it's instructions and warnings.
Additionally, they are the only baby bouncer on the market with a specific newborn insert to my knowledge. This allows babies as small as 5 lbs 8 oz to use the bouncer.
Parents should never let baby sleep unattended in any bouncer. Additionally, bouncers are not safe for countertop use. Bouncers should never be moved while a baby is still in it too. Lastly, as with all baby containers (baby chairs, car seats, baby carriers, strollers, etc.) the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends not letting children sit in the same position for more than one hour.
How does the Ergobaby Evolve 3 in 1 Bouncer compared to the BabyBjorn Bouncer?
While the Evolve and Babybjorn bouncer are very similar, Ergobaby made some significant improvements to the Babybjorn bouncer.
These include: the easy clip buckles, newborn insert, adjustable height foot pedal, and safety locks.
Both are the same price and offer the same accessory add ons.
Truly you can't go wrong with either and they are the same price; which is why we recommend the Ergobaby overall unless you can get the other for significantly less.
With that said, if you have arthritis that would make it hard to use the buckles or height adjuster on the Babybjorn, then you should 100% get the Ergobaby Bouncer.
How to set up the Ergobaby Evolve Bouncer:
The bouncer comes ready to use right out of the box! Simply remove the packaging, place on the floor, and pull up to start using. No tools or batteries required!
Evolve Bouncer Accessories:
You can purchase additional covers, a travel carrying bag, and a toy bar separately. The newborn insert comes included.
Negative review of the Ergobaby Bouncer:
The only really negative review I have about the Ergobaby bouncer are the hooks to get the fabric seat on and off. These are extremely difficult to get to (shown in video).
I'll probably never reloop these on as I can still use it without the fabric being officially looped to the frame.
The only other things to be aware of, is the fold flat requires you to press the foot pedal, as well as lift a side level. This is a safety feature, but something to keep in mind.
Lastly, this does feel a bit heavier than other bouncers, but can still be done with one hand.
How do you clean the Evolve Bouncer?
The fabric cover is machine washable.
At the bottom of the backside, there are two little elastic loops hooked onto the frame. Getting the loops on and off the hook is the hardest part of this bouncer. Once it’s unhooked, you just pull the fabric off.
So really once you unhooked it one time, you could in theory not hook it back on, and just make sure it’s pulled down fully.
Ergobaby bouncer discount code:
From 11/11-11/18/22 you can use code ‘LETSGROW' for $50 off the ERgobaby Bouncer here!
Final thoughts on the Ergobaby bouncer:
The Ergobaby bouncer has some extremely unique safety features. When you pair those, and it's user friendly design, it's really a no brainer as the new best baby bouncer on the market.
- Baby Bjorn Review
- Baby Dolls That Look Real
- Baby Lounger Pillows
- Baby Shoes For Fat Feet
- Ball Pits
- Best & Worst Baby Products
- Board Games For Toddlers + Preschoolers
- Bouncing Toys
- Bubble Machines
- Busy Boards
- Convertible Cribs with Changing Table Combo
- Easels For Toddlers & Kids
- Ergobaby Bouncer Review
- Ergobaby Evolve High Chair Review
- Infant Floor Seats + Baby Chairs
- Kahlmi Baby Massage Wand Review
- KiwiCo Panda Crate vs Lovevery
- Lovevery Block Set Review
- Lovevery Montessori Play Shelf Review
- Lovevery Playkit Review
- Mess Free Coloring Supplies
- Microphones For Toddlers + Kids
- Minimalist Baby Registry Checklist
- Montessori + Waldorf Gifts For 3 to 4 Year Olds
- Montessori Baby Toys For 0-6 Months
- Montessori Gift Guide For 1 Year Old to 2 Year Olds
- Montessori Gift Ideas 6-12 Months
- Montessori Shelves For Toys + Books
- Montessori Toys For 2 To 3 Year Olds
- Montessori Wardrobes
- Monti Kids Review
- Mud Kitchens
- Musical Toys For Babies
- Musical Toys For Toddlers
- Pretend Makeup Sets for Toddlers
- Pikler Triangle Review
- Receiving Blanket vs Swaddle
- Splash Pads
- Stainless Steel Sippy Cup
- Toddler Backpacks
- Toddler + Baby Beach Essentials
- Toddler Block Sets
- Toddler Cameras
- Toddler Climbing Toys
- Toddler Gloves
- Toddler Learning Tower
- Toddler Lunch Boxes
- Toddler Plates
- Toddler Puzzles
- Toddler Toys For Road Trips
- Toddler Sandals
- Toddler Scooters
- Toddler Step Stools
- Toddler Swings
- Toddler Water Shoes
- Toy Air Fryer
- Toy Cranes
- Toy Excavators
- Toy Guitars
- Toy Lawn Mowers
- Water Activity Tables
- Weather Charts