How to get your Amazon baby registry welcome box
Have you heard of the Amazon's baby registry welcome box? Every expecting mom should take advantage of this baby box filled with freebies for your new arrival. The box typically costs $35 (and is usually worth more) and I'm going to show you how to get it for FREE! It's jam packed with full sized baby product you won't want to miss! Follow these simple steps to claim your free baby box and watch the unboxing video to see what’s inside; PLUS the #1 mistake to avoid when claiming a free welcome box!
Guide to getting your FREE welcome box
Wondering how to get your amazon baby registry welcome box for free? Figuring out how to claim your box can be a little tricky but it's a great way for new parents to test out baby items. It sounds a bit labor intensive but it can actually be done pretty quickly. Just follow these steps and you’ll have your Free amazon baby box in no time!
You will need to have an Amazon prime membership or sign up for the free 30-day trial in order to get the box so keep that in mind before you dive in.!
Step 1 – Start an Amazon baby registry!
Amazon is a great place to register as people can order from Amazon no matter where they live and the prices are generally competitive.
Personally, I find the easiest way to do this, is just search “Amazon Baby Registry” on mobile or desktop and it'll take you to the page or you can click here.
Once you're at the baby registry section of Amazon, he first step is to sign up for a NEW baby registry with an active Amazon prime membership.
This is an important step if you've registered for a different baby on your Amazon account in the past; you can NOT just update your old registry! You'll have to go through the whole process again to receive your sample items.
To start a new baby registry, you’ll need to enter basic information like your address, mobile phone number, and due date. You can adjust the privacy settings to keep your registry private or make it public so family members, baby shower guests, and friends can search for it under your name.
Step 2 – Add something to each category. sampl
Now let’s talk about how to complete the checklist on your amazon baby registry to get your free box of goodies!
Once your registry is started you’ll come to the main screen. You’ll want to go through the checklist and select an item from each category. There are 8 main categories with a total of 51 subcategories that you’ll go through.
NOTE: You need to complete the checklist by adding baby items to 60-70 % of the categories in order to quality!
Despite that, it's great practice for first-time moms as it can get you thinking about all the items you may potentially need. It can seem time consuming but it actually goes pretty quickly.
Check out my list of baby registry essentials and get my printable checklist!
If you’re a second-time mom and don’t need much you can just add items that Amazon suggests quickly to fill it up and order your box. Make sure to add a few items you do need, and then take off the others after you get your welcome box.
Once you have added something from each category and gotten all the checkboxes return to the main menu to verify. It will now read almost there.
Step 3: Make a $10+ purchase
If you are sharing your Amazon registry with others you can let someone else make the purchase for you. If not you’ll have to order something yourself.
Step 4: Claim your amazon baby box!
Once your items have shipped you will be able to claim your box from that main menu. Add it to your cart and be sure to use your promotional balance to pay for the box. Double-check that your order total is $0 before completing the check-out process.
Step 5: Enjoy your items!
Despite Amazon Prime's historically speedy free 2-day shipping practices, the Amazon Welcome Baby Box can take a couple of weeks to ship historically. Once your order ships, it'll be there in a couple days though. I think they send them out once monthly, as each month is a different box of baby gear.
Regardless, there's nothing left to do other than enjoy the freebies from your welcome baby box!
Be sure to delete any items that you don’t actually want after you order your box. Otherwise, you may be gifted a bunch of unwanted items that you’ll need to return.
What are the benefits of an Amazon baby registry?
Aside from the free amazon baby registry welcome box, you'll also get a registry completion discount to finish purchasing any baby products remaining on your list.
Beyond that, it's a universal registry that is easy for everyone to use. Amazon has great customer service with free shipping and free returns (in most cases). So if you change your mind about a baby product, returns are easy and from the comfort of your own home (something you'll appreciate when baby arrives!).
Why is my amazon baby welcome box $35!?
If your Amazon baby welcome box is still showing up as $35 dollars with no option to apply the promotional credit, you probably didn't complete the checklist properly. Navigate to your registry page to check status of this step. It's an easy way to double check nothing was missed here (screen shots above).
If that's done, then you may have done one of the following:
- Didn't make a $10 purchase
- Already claimed a welcome box in that year
- Already claimed a welcome box for that registry (this happens if it's your second kid and you tried just updating your old registry)
What’s in the Amazon baby registry box
So what comes in the baby registry sample box that makes it worth all the trouble? The box includes over $35 worth of product for free!
Let’s face it, babies can get expensive so every little bit helps. Babies are also notoriously picky about things like bottles and pacifiers so get all the free samples you can.
The contents of the box shift a little each month, so you're unlikely to receive the exact same box as friends in the past but you typically can expect a cute onesie, baby bottles, and diapers in each box. They also rarely send sample-sized products too! So expect a full size product of each.
We've gotten 3 of them so far and generally you can expect some variation of the following:
- 1 baby bodysuit
- A sample pack of diapers (full size but usually only a few)
- 2 baby toiletry items
- 1 pack of baby wipes
- 2 bottle samples
- 1 pack of pacifiers
- 1 swaddle blanket
There is always a great variety and all stuff that is useful! I've gotten laundry detergent, an Avent baby bottle, muslin blankets, baby lotion, and even prenatal vitamins. The swaddle blanket is definitely a great item as they can be pricey and you always need them!
Amazon baby box unboxing video
Too busy to read? Check out this short video to see what’s in the amazon baby registry welcome box:
There you have it! Sign up for your free trial of Amazon prime and follow the simple steps and your amazon baby registry welcome box will arrive at your door in no time! You’ll also have a completed or nearly completed baby registry.
For all my pregnancy tips, tricks, and product reviews, check out my Pregnancy Page next!
- Baby Carriers For Breastfeeding Moms
- Books On Attachment Theory
- Bon Charge BluBlox Glasses Review To Improve Sleep
- Designer Purses For Moms With Toddlers
- Nipple Creams for Breastfeeding + Pumping
- Maternity Bras + Nursing Bras
- Maternity Pants For Work + Casual Wear
- Maternity Pajamas
- Maternity Tights
- Maternity Yoga Pants + Leggings
- Postpartum Pads
- Postpartum Underwear
- Pregnancy Journals
- Pregnancy Supplements
- Pregnancy Support Belts
- Probiotics While Pregnant
- Shoes For Pregnancy
- Skincare Products During Pregnancy
- What To Wear After Giving Birth | Best Postpartum Clothes Home From Hospital
- How To Prepare For Labor
- How To Increase Your Odds Of Getting Pregnant
- First Time Mom Simple Birth Plan: Our Vision
- Songs To Make Baby Stop Crying
- Positive Birth Affirmations & What To Avoid [+ FREE PRINTABLE PDF!]
- How To Eat Healthy During Pregnancy [+ What I Eat In A Day While Pregnant]
- 8 First Trimester Symptoms [+ How To Work Through Them]
- Pregnancy Checklist: 15 Things To Do In The Second Trimester
- How To Deal With The Second Trimester of Pregnancy Symptoms
- Pregnancy Checklist: 21 Things To Do In The Third Trimester
- Postpartum Secrets From Midwives You NEED To Know Before Giving Birth
- After Two Pain-Free Natural Births Here Are My 5 Best Tips
- Best Minimalist Baby Registry Checklist: Must Haves + Skips
- HOME BIRTH VS HOSPITAL
- Shaving While Pregnant
- Home Birth Labor and Delivery Story + Vlog
- Fears About Pregnancy + Why It's Okay
- How To Manifest A Baby Girl
- Things They Don't Tell You About Being Pregnant
- Surprise! Pregnancy Announcement To My Husband
- Old Wives Tales Baby Predictions: Gender Reveal!
- How To Calm Anxiety While Pregnant: Personal Experience After A Panic Attack This Pregnancy
- Are Placenta Pills Good For You?
- Trouble Drinking Water During Pregnancy? 5 Tips To Stay Hydrated While Pregnant!
- What I Eat In A Day While Pregnant + Chasing A Toddler
- The VERY BEST Healthy Pregnancy Smoothie with Protein + Spinach!
- Winter Pregnancy Announcement Photos: Baby Number 2
- Positive Natural Birth Story At Hospital With First Baby
- Pregnancy & Body Image: 7 Ways To Love Yourself
- How To Eat Healthy During Pregnancy [+ What I Eat In A Day While Pregnant]