Does anyone else feel like the week between Christmas and New Years feels like those old Cheeto stained sweats you wore to literally ever class in college? Kind of familiar and cozy, but by the end of it you hate yourself and feel totally disgusting wondering what the heck you were even thinking?
Ever since college I have spent this week in the exact same clothes every day and night, eating wayyy to many cookies and cheese covered snacks; and when I finally move from my bed where I’ve been binging whatever fall hit show I fell behind on, I look in the mirror and wonder, “what the heck am I doing with my life?”
Every year I swear I am going to use this week to “get my sh*t together.”
I am going to…
– Create and schedule my workout route
– Write out my meal plan
– Finalllyyyy clean my apartment and clean out my closet…
– Take down my christmas tree before April (no joke, ever since I was 20 I have left my tree up until April).
– and basically just do ANYTHING that resembles being a “responsible adult”
But every year my week always ends up looking more like this:
– Staring at the pile of returns I “should” do but never get around too
– Eating my body weight in popcorn, chocolate, pizza, nachos, and chinese food. every. damn. day.
– staring at the grout build up in my sink and shower, wondering how people even clean that stuff off
– Meeting minimal hygiene requirements…*Sniff sniff* is that smell me — or the sheets — when was the last time I washed those?
– Watching 10-14 hours of tv every single day.
– Avoiding calling back any family members who may have reached out – because #drama and this is my gluttonous week before I finally get this #adulting thing down in the new year. amiright?!?
But not this year.
This year I am officially in my mid-late twenties (it’s a thing) and I am a wife and I am going to get my ish together. So here is my adulting game plan to channel my inner Bey and not turn into a total sloth who hates myself by January 1st:
– Set a date to take my Christmas tree down and actually take it down
– Write out a list of three “emergency” healthy meals that I can make in thirty minutes or less and always have the ingredients on hand.
– Actually schedule my workout routine in my calendar
– Keep a list in my phone for all the random thoughts about #adulting I have: like how do you clean shower and sink grout?
– Limit my TV watching to no more than 8 hours a day because I am an adult. And I have responsibilities. And this sh*t needs to stop.
I don’t know about you – but just saying I am going to do a bunch of stuff doesn’t usually hold me accountable. So I am setting up this negative reinforcement plan:
Infraction 1: 10 burpees
Infraction 2: 10 burpee + 15 push ups
Infraction 3: 10 burpees + 15 push ups + return one person’s phone call or text I’ve been avoiding
Basically, I need negative consequences during this week to actually get my ass out of bed and put down the french toast casserole –> which you would’ve seen if you’re following my on Instagram or Snapchat!
How are you spending this week? Do you typically sloth it up or do you actually ring in the new year by killin’ the game? If it’s the latter, HOW?!?