Full Disclosure - This post was sponsored by JORD Wood Watches. I received product in exchange for a blog post sharing my honest thoughts with y'all. Thanks for supporting brands that support The Confused Millennial™
Many of you know I've been a little all over the place lately. Between traveling so much and some personal issues that came up, my schedule spun out of control! Let's face it, when our external world is chaotic, our internal world usually is too.
I know a lot of us, it seems like there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done. Putting systems in place that alleviate stress while churning results is so important!
Last week I seriously buckled down to get re-organized and boost my productivity once again and I want to share with you guys some of the ways I've taken my schedule back into my own hands!
1. Keeping track of my time with my fancy new Jord watch! I am normally not a watch person, my phone is typically glued to my hand, but seriously what a cool watch?? Am I right?
I have to say actually wearing a watch has some serious perks, like I can quickly glance down at it when in a meeting and not seem totally rude as I pull out my phone and super obviously check the time (does anyone else get in there head about that and end up spending more time than you should would someone because you don't want to look rude?)
It also really helps me stay on schedule, rather than looking at my phone for the time only to get distracted by e-mails and Instagram and loose 20-40 minutes (who's with me?).
I am all about unique watches and love the super casual but elegant look of Jord's mens and women's watches! Click here to see the details of mine), it basically goes with almost anything in my closet!
2. Chunking. One thing that I've always prided myself on is working smart, not hard. How do I do that? Chunking. Basically, one day a week I will plan my photo shoots for the upcoming weeks, rather than spending time setting up each day or multiple days a week. Then I spend two days a week just writing and editing content. One day just creating graphics, and so on. By working on a chunk of the same tasks at a time, I cut down on the transition in and out of the same task multiple times during the week. Because isn't the hardest part of any task getting started?
3. Contingency time. Now that I actually have a watch to keep track of time with, it's even more important to build in some buffer time to my day. Sometimes things just take longer than expected, and it's so important to leave room for the unexpected.
4. Prioritize! I usually look at my to-do's based on urgency and value. If it's something that needs to get done in the next 48 hours it's at the top of the list, but then I like to put things that I really enjoy and bring value to my overall happiness right underneath those urgent things. For example, is it urgent that I got to my workout class at noon every Tuesday? No, but it's something that I really value in my life, so I make it a priority above things that might not be "due" for a week or two.
5. Asana. Seriously between planning my virtual summit, wedding, and all my usual to-do's I don't know where I would be without Asana. I have different projects for each thing, and invited my cohost for the summit and fiance for our wedding project to collaborate and make sure we are hitting every step along the way!
Now for the exciting stuff: Jord watches has generously offered to do a giveaway from my readers! One lucky winner will get $75 off a watch, and everyone will get $20 off! Click here to enter! The giveaway ends on 9/25 and winner will be notified via e-mail shortly after!