OMG OMG OMG I am MARRIED! WAHOO! While I have been writing a TON of content with crazy actionable advice for the Wedding Wednesday series which will hopefully help y’all plan your future weddings while saving some serious coin, I am going to hold off on sharing any of those goodies until I get the photos from my photographers! If you haven’t already submitted any questions on wedding or relationships that you would like to see answered in the series be sure to let me know in the comments!
Fall is always such a magical time of year IMO. It always feels like magic is in the air as the holidays are about to kick off and the humidity finally starts to die down a little in Florida! Today I am sharing my favorite fall inspired date night ideas (which totally work for friend date nights too!) that you can do on any budget!
1. Create a fall themed meal together. First off, who doesn’t love fall foods? The pumpkins, apples, butternut squashes, oh my!!! I love it ALL! Pick a fun recipe to cook together from start to finish and enjoy a romantic evening in! My personal fall favorite recipes are:
- This Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe with sweet onions and sage is amazing
- And this Tasty recipe below
2. Scary movie-a-thon! Nothing says fall fun like a good scary movie to me! Plus who doesn’t love snuggling close through the scary parts! Let me break down the suggestions for you:
Cult classics: Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Carrie, The Exorcist
Not so scary: Halloween Town, Hocus Pocus, Warm Bodies (this could also go in zombie, but it’s such a good love story I decided to put it in Not So Scary!), Casper, Scary Movie
SCARY: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Amityville Horror, The Purge, The Shining
Zombies: Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Fido, 28 Days Later
3. Local haunted houses. Lot’s of times you can find them for free or on Groupon deeply discounted! We made an impulse purchase on Halloween two years ago and had an absolute blast for a few hours for only $20! If you’re still in college, check your local dorms and see if they are hosting any! One of my favorite memories from the University of Florida was that most of the dorms hosted their own Haunted House and students would hop for dorm building to dorm building with the residents as “actors” – it was SO much fun and totally free!
4. Escape the Room. I have been obsessed with Escape the Room games ever since 2003 (ish). Basically they started out as point and click computer games which have taken off and the real deals are popping up everywhere! Basically you can find a Groupon for $10-40 (depending on where you are, sales, and party size), then go to a location (usually an office building), and you are locked in a room (or rooms) for one hour. You have to use clues and work together to “escape the room”. They have tons of themes, and some are absolutely perfect for getting you into the fall spirit!
5. #Basic Fall Life Scavenger Hunt. Create a fall themed bucket list together and go on a scavenger hunt trying to check each thing off. Have fun with it! Some ideas:
– Drink PSL’s while searching for the perfect pumpkin at your local pumpkin patch
– Snap selfies while apple picking
– Snuggle up near a bon fire while making smores
– Snap a shot of the first pair of UGGs you spot
– Create fun Halloween looks together like these two from my friend Taylor at Blonde & Ambitious Blog.
What are your favorite fall things to do for fun? Drop me a comment below!